WTF, 2008-2009

Click here to read and/or download WTF.

WTF is a long poem that I began writing in the spring of 2008, and finished late spring 2009. It is modeled after Ted Berrigan and Anne Waldman's collaborative poem, "Memorial Day."

WTF fell short of its intended scope primarily because I had to take a six month hiatus halfway through it for medical reasons. At one point, finishing the poem seemed out of the question.

I will note that I was inspired and excited about the undertaking of this project, but I do feel that circumstances definitely affected and altered the final third of the poem.

Nonetheless, I believe it is one of my most significant writings.

The poem was finally performed at a house party that Maggie and Ben Stritz Calnin hosted specifically for the reading of the poem. The performance involved costume props and a slide show, facilitated by Angela Vasquez-Giroux (who unknownly collaborated on the poem).

I will always be grateful to Boog who designed, printed and provided copies of the poem (the original cover is above) for the party, which was a hell of a lot of fun.

WTF was originally dedicated to the following: for Sheila, Jackie, Zach...Doug Czinder...Angela...especially for Bill Butler. All of these individuals helped me get through a tough time, which in turn helped me finish the poem.

Comments

Popular Posts